Image Map

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Link-Up...

Lauren and I are excited to present you with this month’s Sit-Down Style Session featured blogger:  Laura from I do deClaire.  Laura has such a great sense of style and one of the most fantastic blogs out there.  She is incredibly beautiful, totally fashion forward and a complete sweetheart.  Without further ado here she is.
 
1. Describe your style in 3 words.
Classic, Feminine, Polished

2. Why did you start blogging?
I'd been following style blogs for a while. After having my daughter, I started blogging to hold myself accountable and not fall into the 'yoga pants trap.' I wanted to learn more about what looked good on me, how to make my closet work harder, and be more remix-able while documenting it all!

3. What do you like most about blogging and what are your goals for the future?
I love the support from the blogging community! Everyone is so sweet and encouraging. I get good tips and have met some great people and refined my style through blogging. I would love to eventually do some more collaboration, features, and grow my blog even more!

4.  Pick 3 favorite outfits and describe why they are your favorites.
I love this outfit because it's an unexpected way to wear a lace top. The jeweled collar and lace are so feminine, but the houndstooth tights and leather boots help to ground the outfit.

This is one of my favorites because to me, it kind of represents how far I have come with my style. Bright colors and patterns, especially together, don't scare me anymore! Also, it was nice and warm when I wore this and I can't wait for that gorgeous weather again!

I had to pick an outfit with boots! I think I sometimes forget I have other shoes. This is a comfortable, warm outfit I wore one weekend. Casual doesn't have to be boring! My scarf, socks, and vest add interest and I love that!

5. What not blogging, what do you like to do?
I love spending time with my husband and daughter. My husband and I have made so many great memories traveling all over! I like to bake, cook, and I love loosing myself in a good book!

6. You can only shop at one store for the rest of your life…Where would it be?
Oh man that is a tough one! I'd have to pick Target. They do a great job of getting the latest styles and I can't lie, I love their deals and coupons! It helps that there is one a mile away from my house and at least I would be covered whether I needed shoes, coats, clothes, purses, or even cereal! ;)

9 comments:

  1. I love that last look!!
    XO,
    Ellen
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love link-ups! Great wait to find new blogs. Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!

    EatPrayWearLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen. 5 things.

    1. I am glad I didn't forget about your link up this month. You have to remind me when you stop by my blog. =)

    2. My pleasure linking up for the first time with both of you.

    3. I absolutely love Laura's Blog and style and I agree with everything you said about her. She is beautiful inside out and I have been doing collaborations with her for 4 weeks now and have more to come. I love all of her outfits above with Vests.

    4. I will start following closely and reading daily Lauren's blog. I have seen it many times. She, too has great style. I love so many blogs and never have enough time to comment. There aren't enough hours in a day or a week for that matter, especially as a mom.

    5. I will stop by your blog again very soon.

    <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thanks for linking up!
      2. <3
      3. Laura is the absolute best!
      4. Lauren is a sweetheart!! She may be my best blogger buddy!
      5. Can't wait to hear from you soon

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting and I'm so happy to have found your blog! Great feature - I enjoyed Laura's style & getting to know her!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up! So glad to have a new follower!!

      Delete